Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
The scheme was launched in support of an Accidental Death and Disability insurance scheme.
The Scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is an Accidental Death and Disability Insurance Scheme.
The people who can’t afford the services related to the health for the candidates who live below the poverty line. The Aim of PMSBY aims to benefit those people as mentioned above. The insurance scheme was started after the success of the Jan Dhan Yojana. Mostly targeting the Rural population who are not covered by any of the Social Security schemes. As before the Launch of the Jan Dhan, a large population was unaware of the Banking access and the schemes started by the government for the benefit of the public.
Launch of PMSBY
The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister of India on 9th of May 2015 in Kolkata for the poor section of people and to allow the poor people to get the insurance or the Pension related policies.
The scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana was also appreciated in the cabinet as the scheme was for all the states and UT.
Working of PMSBY
If You want to obtain the benefit of the scheme PMSBY as the candidate has to pay the premium of INR. 12 per person per annum as it is nominal can be afforded by every interested Applicant.
The applicant will get the sum of 2,00,000 as the insurance cover for the accidental death or permanent disability.
- The candidates will get the sum of 1,00,000 if the person suffers from the partial but permanent disability.
- The PMSBY scheme will be renewed each year and the candidate has to pay the premium as the Amount of premium is deducted from the bank account given.
- As the Premium will be auto-debited on 1st of June every year.
- The benefit for the candidate will be credited to the bank account of the candidate as the direct bank transfer method.
- It is compulsory to link the Bank account with the Aadhaar to get the benefit of Insurance.
- The premium due will be auto-debited from the account holder before the 1st of June of each year.
Eligible Candidates for PMSBY
- The candidates who are above the age of 18 but below 70 years can apply for the Insurance Scheme.
- The Candidate should be having a saving bank account which should be linked to the Aadhaar Card.
- The Applicant has to give the name of a nominee in the application form submitted to avail the insurance scheme PMSBY.
Implementation of PMSBY
The PMSBY is the government-sponsored Insurance scheme as the companies who have joined the program by signing up the Program with the Respective banks.
Suraksha Bima Yojana Features
The PMSBY has to be renewed every year once as mentioned above in the article.
- The companies can tie up for the scheme as the approved companies will only function with the scheme implementation.
- The banks will verify the record of the companies before the process of tieing up with the scheme.
Premium for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- The premium for PMSBY is Rs.12 per year for each member of the family. The premium of the scheme will be deducted by banks auto debit facility of the banks.
- The premium of the scheme will be deducted in one installment on or before 1st June of each year under the coverage of the scheme.
- That Premium deducted is paid to the Insurance Company by the bank.
- The details of the premium deducted from your account can be viewed by the customer.
As beyond the benefit of the insurance the candidate would also get the benefits of tax-free under the section 80C. As all the amount received under the scheme means 1 lakh will be exempted from the Tax under the Income Tax rule section 10D. If the amount exceeds from the 1 lakh then the TDS at the rate of 2% will be applicable if you have not submitted the form 15H or 15G.
Amount of insurance available
The tabular form of the disability and the sum of the insurance offered is shown below you can check the detail of the insurance given to the applicant if he or she is suffered any loss of body part the amount of disability is checked and the sum of the insurance is paid according to it.
|S.No||Death and Disability||Sum Insured|
|1||Death (Death due to murder is covered)||Rs.2 Lakh|
|2||Total and irrecoverable loss of eyes||Rs.2 Lakh|
|3||Loss of use of both hands or feet||Rs.2 Lakh|
|4||Loss use of one hand or foot and loss of one eye||Rs.2 Lakh|
|5||Total loss of sight of one eye||Rs.1 Lakh|
|6||Loss of use of one foot or hand||Rs.1 Lakh|
Coverage of Suraksha Bima Yojana
- If the individual has a multiple savings account, he/she would be eligible to get just one insurance scheme attached to just one saving account.
- The premium for the scheme would be auto-debited from the saving account of the policyholder.
- The candidates can enroll from the 30th of November 2015.
- If the candidate wants to rejoin the scheme in the near future he/she can join in the succeeding years depending on the terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy.
Termination of the scheme
The Scheme will be terminated depending on the following points:
- If the candidate attains the age of 70 years.
- If the candidate closes the account or unable to give the amount of premium due to low balance in the saving account.
- If the applicant has applied for more than 1 policy then the oldest Policy would be terminated.
Documents for Suraksha Bima Yojana
Suraksha Bima Yojana the documents which are required to apply the scheme to avail the benefit of the scheme. You can avail the benefit of the scheme if you have the documents which are named as they are very important to apply for the scheme.
- Application Form of the scheme
- Bank Pass Book
- Adhaar Card is also required to apply for the insurance policy.
Apply online Suraksha Bima Yojana
The online portal is available for the PMSBY scheme as the scheme can provide the online help to apply as the online forms are available on the page you can view the form or can apply the form online. The link for the online portal is provided to you on the page check it makes use of it if required. APPLY FOR PMSBY
Download the application form
You can also download the application form and make use of the link to view the application form to check the detail required and you can also download the form from the link provided to you on the page or either you can visit the official site to check the detail. The form is available in the form of pdf.
Claim For Suraksha Bima
The Following given is the procedure how one can claim the Insurance under the Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- The applicant has to give the application form and submit the documents such as an Original document of the FIR or PMR, Discharge certificate.
- You also to get the Insurance certificate from the Bank.
- You can approach the Bank branch along the documents or your application will be sent by the bank to the insurance office as the verification will be conducted by the concerned department.
- You can claim the amount from the concerned department or the nominee would get the benefit in case of death of applicant as you have to notify the Bank branch office.
Documents required for claiming Insurance
The following documents need to claim the scheme depends upon whether in case of death or disability the documents required are different for the different case.
Death of insured
- Original FIR
- Post Mortem Report
- Death Certificate of the deceased
- Original FIR/ Panchnama
- Disability Certificate issued by a Civil Surgeon from where the person admitted to the hospital.
- Discharge certificate issued in the name of the pers0n.
Download Claim form
You can download the claim form from the official website or you make use of the link to download the claim form online or you can download the form. The form is available in the form of the pdf file which will be useful for you if you want to apply for the claim at the
National Toll-Free Number:
1800-180-1111 / 1800-110-001
To get all the information about the scheme in detail, visit the official link given.